Monday, October 4, 2010

With No One As Witness....

Changing direction again. I'm thinking I might do a post-apocalyptic story, slightly influenced by Harrison Bergeron. The world wouldn't be immediately identifiable as Earth, not like Life As We Knew It, more like The Hungry City Chronocles, but not quite that obvious. I think some words and most names could be versions of present day pronunciations. Loora/Laura or something like that. I'm thinking there's a powerful but mysterious government, rather like Russia in the animated movie Anastasia. Something happens and a female lead and probably a boy her age go off to figure it out. Maybe they find out their region is way behind, the rest of the world is advanced into Steampunk. They ally with some other liberal group and go from there. Names- Teese and Jefree? I don't know. It's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment